Shut Up... AND LEAVE ME ALONE ABOUT THIS DUMB SHIT

12/25/2009 08:25:00 PMBriana Latrise



I saw no punch... Niggas is slow.

You Might Also Like

3 Haterismz & Comments here

  1. Saw you wanna write a book. Go for it, girl. I am not nosy, and I usually keep to myself, but I feel I need to encourage you for quite a few reasons. The first being that we've lived parallel lives - from the latchkey kid stuff @ age 5, daddy issues, semi-disinterested mothers we can't quite see eye-to-eye with (she loved me too much but hated me for having her ex-husband's face and ways), and MUCH MORE (are you a Taurus= too nice + anger mgmt issues?). The second being that I don't give an ish about ppl's celebrity lives (never coveted a thing in my life - am I willing to do what was done to get what they got? Prolly NOT), but your story is poignant and I've spent all night perusing your blog (it's now 7:45 A.M. and yes, I found you because you clocked CH - No judgment, have neither time nor space to go into how/why I kicked my ex in the face...whatever, bitch had it coming). Third, I let life get me down and chose to isolate myself to the point of shutting out the world for the pain. There's only so much one person can deal with.

    I am now waking up at age 35 without having accomplished my life's work, God's Plan, etc. Never too late to go in the right direction, but all it would have taken for me is guidance and encouragement. Self-doubt, loneliness and brilliance cultivated in both the hood and the 'burbs can be a bitch if you're not careful; it's possible to be too smart for your own good!

    You don't know me, but I offer you the following gifts of wisdom that I wish I had heard:

    No one can love you better than you are willing to love yourself. You are the strongest thing on 2 legs, a black woman. You are a gifted writer and have much to offer the world. You fuck up which proves that you're human. When you're tired of making stupid choices, and decide to be your own best friend (die-hearted), you will do what needs to be done. Insight is rarer than common sense these days, so frig the followers and trust your own intuition. Ever notice that God sends you the same situations and people (themes) over and over until you get the lesson? The faces and places may change, but the same issues come up. First, He whispers to you. If you don't hear, He calls. Still stubborn? He'll shout. Then, He will box you inna yuh mout'! (Sorry...channeling granny). And last but not least, an older, wiser Vietnamese lady taught me something that changed my life. She said, "In life, you don't get what you deserve, you get what you ask for." Chew on that ish and write your damned book(s)!!!

    Bless,
    Michele from Montreal, Canada

    P.S. Pardon the extensive missive! Look at all you wrote over the course of establishing your blog. This stuff can definitely fill up a book or 2. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Get to chewing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michie... wow. Thank You!! Thank You!!! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Would you rather read my vents or watch them?

Contact Form