I CAN'T WAIT!!!

4/13/2010 09:42:00 AMBriana Latrise

I'm not sure what I'm waiting for, but it's something great. Things are honestly picking up. I'd like to share with you what my recent life experiences have taught me:

1. My happiness is not defined by my status, material possessions, the company of anyone else or anything other than ME.
- I can be happy when and where I choose to and no one can alter that unless I allow them to. A situation can temporarily alter my immediate emotional state but overall, even while mourning, I can still be happy so long as I choose to. All I need to do is be and stay positive.

2. There is no such thing as boredom.
- There is always something that can be done. Be it, a problem that can be solved, something to be learned, a creative activity, meditation, or even just resting. No matter what, no one should ever really say, "I am bored." This world is just too large and there are too many things for you to get out and discover for you to say you're bored.

3. Whenever there is a problem, there is a solution.
- It may not always be the solution you want, but there is ALWAYS a solution no less. It's true. Lol. (<- shout out to Jigga for that one.)

4. When you stop stressing about the problem, the solution becomes easier to see.
- Self explanatory. Stop whining and crying about it. Stop stressing about it. Give the problem to God and often, the answer has BEEN slapping you in the face.

5. DO NOT harbor bad feelings such as anger and resentment.
- I used to be angry at others for what they've done. Specifically two people... but as soon as I started to let those feelings go, as soon as I let go of the idea that they might maybe one day do what I want them to, or love me like I feel I need them to, I began to understand that I don't need ANYONE else for ANYTHING. God gave me all the brain power, the good health, and the strength both physically and mentally to accomplish anything I work towards. Above all, he carries me most of the way anyway. So what would I need anyone else for? Lol.

I really had to recognize that just as I am human and imperfect, so is the next man. I can still love them without being angry at them. God still loves me through all my sins and what not so... yeah.


As soon as I started doing for me, I started smiling more. I still don't like waking up... lol... but I'm just not a morning person. At all. Never was. I'm usually NOT ever asleep before 11pm lol.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you. Maybe it'll help someone else grow. "Each one teach one" right? We gotta share the love. What's craziest is... until I started getting ME together, I never noticed how unhappy the people around me were. They put up these fronts like it's all good because they're nicely made up with hair, make-up and clothes all nicely out together but inside they're either rotten, rotting, or sobbing. Hugs to you my loves. You just gotta start loving you and stop waiting on someone else to do it for you. The world just doesn't work like that...


So I have learned.

You Might Also Like

0 Haterismz & Comments here

Popular Posts

Would you rather read my vents or watch them?

Contact Form