Early Morning Rant: Biotechnology...

9/27/2010 07:39:00 AMBriana Latrise


I'm confused. I really don't know how I feel about it. I wanna say that we should all just leave it alone and let God... you know? Mainly because humans have a tendency to be human: greedy, selfish, scandalous, conniving, etc.

So... let's talk about it. lol.

Reading up on the subject on Wikipedia... I've found that they're saying biotechnology can provide the following:
1. Increases in Crop yield
2. Reduced vulnerability of crops to environmental stresses
3. Increased nutritional qualities
4. Improved taste, texture or appearance of food
5. Reduced dependence on fertilizers, pesticides and other agrochemicals


k... sounds good I guess... until we get to this point: "About 85 million tons of wheat flour is used every year to bake bread.[25] By adding an enzyme called maltogenic amylase to the flour, bread stays fresher longer. Assuming that 10–15% of bread is thrown away as stale, if it could be made to stay fresh another 5–7 days then perhaps 2 million tons of flour per year would be saved." - Wikipedia

Um... kill that noise. I really don't understand why bread gets thrown away anyway. WTF? There are too many reasons to NOT throw bread away in the first place (unless it's moldy... totally understandable...)

1. Duh! Croutons!!!! Home made croutons are the bees knees buddies.
2. Breadcrumbs... make your own
3. Add it to soups for consistency
Matter of fact... I ran out of ideas but of course, I found a blog about it:
WHAT TO DO WITH STALE BREAD (CLICK HERE)


So... that kinda (in my world) kills their whole "lets save the world by bioengineering food so that we won't use so much flour every year!" SMH. How about we just don't WASTE so much dang flour...


Moving on. Here's the one that really irks me though:
"Modern biotechnology can be used to slow down the process of spoilage so that fruit can ripen longer on the plant and then be transported to the consumer with a still reasonable shelf life. " - Wikipedia

So... can ya'll just leave my fruit the hell alone please? I don't want some kind of weird ass back lash from mother nature 10 years down the line just because I want my apples to sit in this bowl for an extra 5 days. SMH.


We haven't found anything better to spend time, money, and efforts on yet? Like, um... gee I don't know... maybe curing cancer, aids, Parkinson's???? World Hunger maybe?


{OH!!!! AND ANOTHER THING!!!! (On a side note... just a bone to pick with these uppity folks who think the problems are all outside of this country.)
How you wanna save the WORLD from starving but it's a nukka right here on Slauson in desperate need of medical attention and some decent nutrition. SMH. Charity starts at home... Another side note: I heard the N.O. was like Rio de Janeiro...}

Anyway... Stop playin with my food. For real. Smh. Sheesh.

Can a nigga get an acre already? Just one. I want my own garden. That way, if Imma eat something, I grew it and cooked it.


AND IF ANYONE'S PISSIN ON MY FRUIT, IT'S ME!

You Might Also Like

1 Haterismz & Comments here

Popular Posts

Would you rather read my vents or watch them?

Contact Form